Monday, November 8, 2010

Thinking

I've realized how much time I sit and think. I used to think of myself as an incredibly social person who did not like being alone ever, for any amount of time. But now I realize just how much time I spend lost in my thoughts. 
There is this park in downtown Bastrop that I love going to. It's right on the river, with tons of tree's and nice green grass and a couple of short trails. I love going there. I'll shoot some hoops for a while, but then, like today, I'll sometimes go walk down the trail to a quiet sand bar along the bank and just sit there for a couple of hours. I just sit and think. Sometimes about lyrics or music I'm trying to write, or about God, about girls, about anything really. I can sit there for hours and not get bored at all. 
It feels really good just to get away from the worries of the world. I used to think that was just cliche, but its become incredibly therapeutic for me to just sit there in peace and quiet away from anything that could possibly bring me stress. 
Is this healthy? To a certain degree I'm sure, whether hours spent each day hiding from your worries would be healthy long term is another story, but for now, its pretty nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment